VMware Horizon Community
nevgeo01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Weblink and function key

Hi

We have pushed a weblink through UEM for our VIew desktops and we noticed that keyboard function keys are not working.

Please Advice

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Can you share a bit more info, what kind of data did you push, registry keys ?

And what kind of reg keys are you saving for the keyboard function keys ?

Ray

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself
0 Kudos
nevgeo01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We publish shortcut for the weblink to user’s desktop. When we open the link, an ActiveX based application starts. In VDI itself function keys are working but in the web application, they are not working.

We save settings in “HKCU\Control Panel\Keyboard” through UEM

We publish some registry policy for zone mapping and proxy and admx based settings for Internet Explorer.

The weblink is in Local Intranet site and all ActiveX settings are enabled by admx policy in Local Intranet Site.

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm not sure if this has something to do with UEM or that it can be solved with UEM.

You wrote that the function keys in the VDI itself are working, so if you press F5, the application screen refreshes ? (I assume the application in running in IE or Firefox)

Ray

0 Kudos
nevgeo01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, the application runs on IE and function keys like F5 works for the refresh operation.Only within the application it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
nevgeo01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Function keys like F1, F2, F3, F4 are used for some shortcut of operations such as F1 to change page , F2 for print and F3 for save.etc

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

And you also tried it in combination with CTRL (CTRL+F1) ?

0 Kudos
nevgeo01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will verify with the user and will get back to you.

Thank you

0 Kudos