VMware Horizon Community
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Visio and Project Configuration

Hello,

I created an appstack for Visio and when I launch it for the first time on a instant clone desktop It goes through the configuration wizard. Based on VMware Knowledge Base  this seems to be the normal behaviour.

Note: When an Office application is launched for the first time on the assigned machine, the application performs certain configurations. Wait for the configuration process to complete successfully.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to prevent this from happening every single time a user logs into a new desktop by capturing a setting with UEM?

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

UEM has all the necessary settings for it to capture Visio and its changes. I use office (in gold image) and visio(in appstack) on 2.13.1 and I don't have this issue in my environment.

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you add anything in the UEM configurations for Office to capture additional settings ?

I used a clone of the parent image, removed the VMware agent and installed Visio through a SCCM package. Did you make any additional steps ?

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

UEM has a built-in templates for Office 2016 which includes Visio. I haven't added anything to it.

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure it captures the confuguration wizard. Any info on how you created the Visio appstack?

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

UEM is used to capture settings. If you need to capture application changes I would suggest writable volumes.

For Visio appstack:

I clone the gold image which has office installed. Login with a user account that has admin privs and no assigned appstacks. Provision a new appstack, install visio, open it up a few times and make changes, and finish capture.

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Oh I’m going to try opening it a couple of times during provisioning which I never tried! Wish me luck and thanks!

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That didn’t work Smiley Sad

It’s really strange if I wait a couple of minutes after logging into the desktop and than launching Visio I don’t notice the issue. It seems to be a timing issue between the attachment of the appatack and activation of Visio. Any other suggestions ?

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

what version of app volumes are you using? I suggest trying it with 2.12 (template/agent)

0 Kudos
deep184
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

We are using App Volume 2.12 agent and template.

Are there any additional exclusions required in the snapvol.Cfg?

Thanks

0 Kudos