VMware Horizon Community
espi303030
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UEM vs. Persona Management

Hello all,

I am new to all this.  I have a question I need help with.  I am in the process of standing up a View Horizon 7 environment from the ground up, before I get too far into it, can I / should I use UEM to replace Persona Management?  What are your experiences with this if possible/suggested?

Thank you,

espi303030

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would.  I don't recall the exact source but it's my impression that VMware has basically stopped developing/adding new features to persona management and UEM is the way to go for new installs.  UEM is much more powerful and flexible than persona,  I would suggest migrating to it if you are currently using persona.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I would.  I don't recall the exact source but it's my impression that VMware has basically stopped developing/adding new features to persona management and UEM is the way to go for new installs.  UEM is much more powerful and flexible than persona,  I would suggest migrating to it if you are currently using persona.

espi303030
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is UEM an additional purchase or is it included in the View Horizon suite?

0 Kudos
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It is included with Horizon Enterprise edition, or can be purchased separately.

raybarth
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

UEM is the direction VMware is moving.  My big driving factor for moving to UEM was the inherit challenges Microsoft has created with Windows 10.  Persona did "work", but UEM was able to address many challenges better and dramatically improve logon times.  Furthermore, from an end user perspective, it's actually more intuitive for people to absorb and manage.  Even though there is a limited amount of information on the net compared to persona, there is a wealth of helpful info in this community that will provide significant guidance.  Plus VMware provide a good background training session (free) that will explain the architecture.