VMware Horizon Community
fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM personalize applications

HI gurus

If you look at my post I am very new to Vmware and UEM, so go easy on me.

When I log into my VDI I can see a set of applications shortcut on my desktop, I went to UEM console and disable these apps that show on my desktop ( Calc,notepad,paint) to mention some of them but once I log off and back on all these apps re-shown on my desktop, how do I get rid of them.

do I need to delete the general folder content and let the config file be created again?

need some help figuring this out.

Thanks a bunch

Tags (1)
2 Replies
alsmk2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Disabling the shortcut in UEM won't get rid of existing shortcuts on the desktop. If you want UEM to dynamically control your shortcuts you need to get into the habit of deleting the shortcuts from your gold image & default user profile, or if you use App Volumes, delete them when creating the App Stacks (that includes start menu shortcuts).

You can then create the shortcuts in UEM and select the "Undo at logoff" tick box. That way any shortcuts will be deleted at logoff - if you then stop a user from getting that shortcut, it won't be re-created at next logon.

There are some caveats - if you remove the UEM shortcut entitlement for a user that is currently logged on, it will not delete the shortcut as you might expect.

fborges555
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanksssss a bunch