VMware Horizon Community
thuytruong
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM for PCs and VMs

Hi,

We've been using UEM on VDI for about a year now.  We're looking to roll out UEM on our PCs, specifically Windows 10 PCs.  We have some settings that need to push out only for Windows 10 PCs.  What criteria can we use to identify these Win10 PCs to apply the settings?

Thanks,

Thuy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Thuy,

There's no "Virtual vs Physical" condition, but you can probably leverage one of the others. Organizational Unit, maybe, as the VDI machines are probably in a different OU? Or Remote Display Protocol, to distinguish between local logons to the physical PCs vs remote logons to VDI? Or maybe there's something unique in the base images, so you can use File or Folder, or one of the Registry conditions?

0 Kudos
sujayg15
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You have a choice of creating a "Condition" or a set of conditions called "Condition Sets" to achieve your target Windows environment or a mix of others conditions as seen here..

pastedImage_0.png

Condition Sets:

This is one of the default "samples"

Screenshots from "DEM - 9.9.x"

0 Kudos
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I use Environment Variable a lot to target desktops. As DEMdev​ suggested you can always use OUs as well. As a matter of fact you can also leverage IP addresses.

I use Environment variable computername contains test for example because it allows me to be more flexible. But if all your virtual desktops are in a specific OUs and so does all your physical; OUs should do just fine.

0 Kudos
Lieven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I use IP ranges to distinguish between VDI and physical as VDIs are typically in a different VLAN then physical PCs.

0 Kudos