VMware Horizon Community
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor

UEM and mapped drives

I'm using UEM 8.6 with View.  Currently we map our network drives with GP.  I'm trying to switch that over to UEM.  So I've setup UEM to map the drives and undo at logoff.  I've disabled the GP to map the drives and verified that the GP isn't hitting the machines.  According to the logs I can see it Set the friendly name and get a successfully mapped drive message.  In explorer the drives do not show up.

If I try mapping a subfolder of the share or the same share with a drive letter that isn't being used by GP it seems to work though.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
7 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What happens if you get rid of the GPO all together? Since drive letters not referenced in the GPO works, it sounds like UEM is working as expected.. GPO might still be conflicting..

0 Kudos
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got a chance to try removing the GPO all together.  I see no difference.  The logs still show they are mapping but I don't see them in Windows Explorer.

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you tell me if the user is local admin or not ?

If yes, can you please check if the drive mappings are available when you do a net use at the command prompt ?

Thanks

Raymond

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself
0 Kudos
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor

The normal users are not.  I have been testing with my account which is a domain admin.  I'll have to reset some things to verify net use command.

0 Kudos
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor

I've removed the Drive mapping GP.  Then enabled my UEM drive mapping.  Fired up my vm to verify GP is removed.  The drives still do not show.  NET USE does not report the drives.  I can use it to map a drive but that's to be expected.  I verified the logs again and they report that each drive map was Successfully mapped.  I rebooted my vm again just to make sure it didn't need something on boot/login.

At this point I guess I'll kick out a ticket to VMware and see where that takes me.

Thanks for the feedback.

0 Kudos
PlainsCotton
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I am running into the same thing.

I see in the logs that it has successfully mapped the drives, but when I go look they are not there. What I have figured out is if I do a net use in an Admin Command Prompt it does show the drives. Long and the short of it is it seems to be running under the wrong security context.

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis