VMware Horizon Community
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM and App Volumes with Office 2013 Stack

I'm having some issues with UEM 3.7 and AppVolumes 2.9 with an Office 2013 app stack. It appears that UEM isn't seeing the Office install fast enough to import the saved profile after a refresh/recompose. However, when you log off or reboot, it overwrites the profile with a blank one. If I restore it from a backup, it works just fine, until the desktop is recomposed again. I added the shortcut to the startup for -uemrefreshwait, but that only appears to help with shortcuts. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a preferred way of resolving this? I am using the default templates for Office 2013. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi jsinclair,

What you can try is to remove the condition from the Office 2013 config files and try again, second option you can try is to enable directflex for your Office 2013 applications.

Let me know if this works.

Raymond

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself
0 Kudos
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will give that a shot. As for the directflex, how would I configure the "Shared Settings" template? I'm not sure that's an actual executable.

0 Kudos
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Correct, you cannot enable DirectFlex for the shared Office settings.

Easiest way would be to remove the condition from the Office Config Files, and just always import them at logon.

0 Kudos