VMware Horizon Community
Prids
Contributor
Contributor

UEM Users share

Hi All,

I am trying to setup a test environment for UEM and have done the below.

1.     Create UEM configuration share on file server with correct permissions.
  2.  Install Management Console on administrator’s machine.
  3.  Perform initial default Management Console configuration.
  4.  Install FlexEngine on Gold image for VDI and recomposed the pool.
  5.  Create VMware UEM Group Policy configuration with provided Administrative Template. (Computer policies with loopback)
  6.  Add FlexEngine command to logoff script.(Havent done logon script as I enable the Run FlexEngine as Group Policy extension setting)

Logged on to the VDI but it is not creating a user folder in UEMUsers share. Please note that this OU are still getting persona management settings. Any ideas of why this is not created? Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks.

3 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I experienced the challenges you are reporting, but I don't recall the exact fix.  What I can share is the resources I used to fix the issue.

This blog posting does a good job providing initial detail around the initial setup of UEM.  The two things that jump out from this article are verification of your share permissions, syntax around the script and share paths, and the settings selected during the initial configuration (specifically whether or not Easy Start was chosen to pre-populate settings).

Also, be sure to log off the desktop, as the settings are written out at logoff.

Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you enabled the 'always wait for network' GPO policy?

Check this quick install guide:

http://blogs.vmware.com/consulting/files/2015/04/VMW_15Q2_TD_User-Environment-Manager_042415_FINAL.p...

Chapter 2.2 step 5 describes the correct setting.

Kind regards, Pim.

0 Kudos
jlgtls
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have ran into similar issue while performing some tests with UEM.

From my side, the GPO wasn't applied due to the fact that you need to add the "Authenticated Users" Group to the Security Filtering in the Scope section of the GPO.

You can verify if the GPO is applied with the rsop.msc console.

Regards.

0 Kudos