VMware Horizon Community
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UEM Profile Share Cleanup

When we utilized Persona Management, we had some automated scripts that would destroy user profiles if they hadn't been access in "X" number of days. Traditionally, this was 3 weeks or 21 days. This was completed based on the time stamp for the parent username folder on the Persona Share.

With UEM, we are noticing that the time stamp for the parent folder on the UEM Profile share does not update. It only lists the time stamp of the date in which the profile was created. The contents within, do update however. Since we leverage folder redirection for a lot of external users, the profiles have a tendency to grow in size.

How is everyone else handling the purging of old profiles with UEM? When we asked VMWare BCS, they had absolutely no information to provide outside of telling us to start adding some variables for profile cleanup to our settings. I can't imagine we are the only ones that have ran into something like this?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jahegyi,

Would it be an option to check the modification date of the UEM log file?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jahegyi,

Would it be an option to check the modification date of the UEM log file?

0 Kudos
jahegyi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Read my mind and what I've been working on since I posted.

1. Queried against all flexengine.log files on the share and sorted them by modified date.

2. Exported the ones I wanted to target based on date range and imported into an excel file.

3. Edited excel spreadsheet so its formatted like so:

Column A: "rd"

Column B: Imported paths

Column C: "/s /q"

4. Copied all contents, pasted into a bat file and ran against the share. Worked like a charm.

Thanks!