VMware Horizon Community
louiedaphish
Contributor
Contributor

UEM Mozilla Firefox Config

I am trying to get Firefox configured to work with UEM. We are using the latest version of Firefox and UEM 9.2.1. We want our users to be able to have their Favorites saved within their profile so that when they log onto a new desktop all of their favorites show up. We were able to get Chrome to comply but we haven't been able to crack the code with Firefox. Any suggestions? Here's what our current Firefox config looks like:

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software\Mozilla

HKCU\Software\mozilla.org

HKCU\Software\MozillaPlugins

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox

<AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

[ExcludeFolderTrees]

<AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports

I know that Firefox stores a user's favorites in %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\(profile_name)\places.sqlite. We tried including this file but still had no joy.

1 Reply
mwarsi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi  louiedaphish

I have also faced the similar issues while working with Firefox. Firefox creates a new random string folder on fresh launch if there is no existing profile folder in APPDATA. in case you capture full folder then it will be huge data which contains crashreports as well as cache. I have worked on this config and found it to be working for one of the customer. do try this and let me know if there is any issue.

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software\Mozilla

HKCU\Software\mozilla.org

HKCU\Software\MozillaPlugins

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox

[ExcludeFolderTrees]

<AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox\Crash Reports

<AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[MATCHALL]\crashes

<AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[MATCHALL]\storage