VMware Horizon Community
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

UEM Logoff GPO doesn't run

I've searched to see if someone else has encountered this but nothing in the Forums.

I have a situation where we have UEM 9.1 deployed to a Horizon View 6.2.2 environment.

Everything in UEM is working properly with the exception of the Logoff script in the GPO that executes flexengine.exe -s

As a current workaround we put a Local machine GPO logoff in the Base image for our linked clones pool and that is allowing the client to function.

Suggested the client call MS for AD/GPO troubleshooting. Currently client believes this is a UEM/VMware issue.

Any thoughts, feedback?

Thanks in advance

Joe

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
11 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis

Any progress on this? Logoff scripts not running sounds like a MS problem. Have they contacted Microsoft?

0 Kudos
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We put the command in the local GPO for logoff to get them around this and we're no longer on the project.

I've been trying to reproduce in my lab but haven't been successful yet.

Will ping the client to see if they contacted MS and have an update.

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

in my lab I have the very same situation: during logoff the "C:\Program Files\Immidio\Flex Profiles\FlexEngine.exe -s "

is not executed even if I put it in User Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts >  LOGOFF

If I execute it manually before logging off, UEM works like a sharm.

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis

Did you configure the logoff script like this?

0 Kudos
vmb01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, in the same way

.2017-03-03 12_15_15.png

0 Kudos
mikeayoung
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update on this?

I have a customer in the same position where application changes aren't captured at logoff.

Customer is running Horizon 7.02, UEM 9.3 and AppVol 2.12

When using a standard user the logoff script for UEM doesn't run. However if you add the user to Local Administrators the logoff script works and captures application changes.

Have tried setting the UEM logoff script as a Local GPO but still doesn't work.

If the user runs the flexengine command from within the VDI sesson the application modifications are captured.

Permissions on the profile share have been checked and checked again.

Not sure what else to modify to get a standard user to run the logoff script via the GPO.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Check the GPOs, anyone who has the problem is the loopback mode set to replace. IF you look at the defination of the replace mode

Replace Mode

In this mode, the user's list of GPOs is not gathered. Only the list of GPOs based on the computer object is used.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/231287/loopback-processing-of-group-policy

I'm using UEM in NoAD mode, but I have one GPO on all my computer objects setting this, to do exactly what it says. I have no user based policies running, and anything I need runs through UEM or local policies. I can see if loopback is set to replace there may be a way that your removing the logoff script with this setting.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mikeayoung,

Can you attach a registry export of HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Group Policy\Scripts?

0 Kudos
mikeayoung
Contributor
Contributor

Hi UEMdev,

Attached is an export of the registry key requested.

Just as a note I could only get this if I added the test user to the local administrator group, if I tried to browse to the registry key with out local admin I got an access denied error.

Not sure if this is what might be causing the issue but have the Windows guys looking into maybe a permissions issue.

I have checked that the mandatory profile has Authenticated Users with Full Control which it does.

Regards,

Mike

0 Kudos
mikeayoung
Contributor
Contributor

Hi UEMdev,

Have checked the mandatory profile down to the key level as posted by you and found that Authenticated User wasn't at this level just a broken SID link.

Reapplied Authenticated User from the top level of the loaded hive and now my test user can read the registry key.

Not sure why this had happened as the customer had created the mandartory profile.

Tested application modifcation could be captured after the mandatory profile update which is now possible.

Thank you for pointing me to what I had over looked.

The logoff script is now working. :smileycool:

Many thanks,

Mike

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mikeayoung,

Happy to hear that it works now!

Also, thanks for mentioning that it was caused by registry permissions. I'm considering adding some logic in the UEM agent to validate that a logoff script is configured (correctly) – this is a good reminder that I also should take permissions into account 🙂

0 Kudos