VMware Horizon Community
SlowLogon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM Deletes Favorites in IE11

UEM deletes Favorites every log off. They vanish from our Network folder. The odd part it's only at the top layer. Favorites will save if you put them in a folder. In my attached screenshot. Everything inside the folders Favorites, Favorites Bar, and Links for United States stays. However my Google link deletes. I've tried with Folder Redirection and messing with the default IE config file. However, I can't find any help.

Currently this my Internet Explorer config file and I have folder redirection configured for favorites..

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder\Favorites

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<Favorites>

[IncludeFiles]

\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\WebCacheV01.dat

[ExcludeFiles]

<Favorites>\desktop.ini

<Favorites>\links\desktop.ini

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
HartmutEhl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

just a rough idea:

Did you configure UEM "Retain file modification dates"?

maybe a difference could disturb the IE

0 Kudos
SlowLogon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had Retain File Modification dates disabled. We enabled. Unfortunately same behavior.

0 Kudos
HartmutEhl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sad to hear. Are the files present in the Profile Archive?

something like Offline Folders, anything outside UEM that tries to sync this folder?

0 Kudos
SlowLogon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The files are there. Until restart. Then they disappear.

So I some what fixed it. My log on time has added 30 seconds but favorites are now showing up. I've tried a million different settings combos but this the only one that works. I had to turn Direct Flex on, Export at Logoff, and add {IncludeIndivdualFolder} <Favorites> along with my settings from the orginal post. 

This creates duplicate shortcut links in the Profile Archive. But it works.

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis

How have they enabled Folder Redirection? Using a Microsoft GPO, using Persona Management GPO, using UEM or something else?

Folder Redirection for Favorites is not recommended, since it can have a serious performance impact on the file server.

The UEM config file ‘Internet Explorer – personal settings’ already captures and manages the Favorites, so I always recommend to disable folder redirection for the Favorites folder.

The only folders that need to be redirected are the folders where users create documents, like My Documents, My Pictures, etc.

All other user profile folders and registry info can be managed with UEM Config files.

0 Kudos
SlowLogon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We tried folder redirection with Microsoft GPO and UEM. Because the UEM config file did not work. Same result. We have it turned off now and the favorites are saving. However, we had to do the steps in my post above.

0 Kudos