VMware Horizon Community
Trad2016
Contributor
Contributor

UEM - Default file type association

Hello, I am having a issue with Windows 10 1703 & UEM. I am testing using UEM file redirection without using writable volumes and am having the problem that default file association is being reset to nothing each time a user logs in.

I setup UEM following the blog post from - https://www.ivandemes.com/export-import-file-type-associations-fta-successfully-using-uem/

https://www.ivandemes.com/export-import-file-type-associations-fta-successfully-using-uem/

When using the logon task, default file association doesn't change. If I run the command manually, it works but the file association is lost on log off.

I am using the format of  cmd /c \\server\uem\GetUserFTA.exe

Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have a similar issue - we followed this route as well.

Can you check if the Defaults are set correctly at the second login?

Meaning: LogIn with a test user - logoff - re-login, now this script should work

BR

0 Kudos
Trad2016
Contributor
Contributor

There is no change from initial login and follow up attempts.

I confirmed that the UserFTA.config file is being created to AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows, however the SetUserFTA doesn't apply after next login. I am looking through the UEM logs and it isn't showing any errors.

I opened a ticket with VMware Support and they weren't able to find an issue with the setup either.

0 Kudos
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I think it is a "Timing Issue".

Try running the Logon task AFTER the profile import, as well as "Run Asynchronously"

I had to play around to get it to work.

John

0 Kudos
Trad2016
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply John, I've been trying with those settings and still no luck. 

Also tried testing this configuration with writable volumes and they are having the same problem.

0 Kudos
srietberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Trad1016,

I have found a workaround for this issue. I hope you'll find it usefull.

Workaround for FTA issue

Greetings,

Sven.

0 Kudos