VMware Horizon Community
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

UEM Default Profile - Desktop Icon Size

We're trying to move away from a standard domain profile and let UEM modify the environment using the standard default profile on Windows 7. So far, I've been able to capture things like the taskbar, Windows Explorer, some IE, and the start menu. However, I can't seem to capture where the desktop icon size is set from medium to small. Has anyone been able to achieve this? I looked all over for the registry key, but a google search has only led me to keys that must have been with previous editions of windows. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

VMware User Environment Manager provides a lot of build-in templates to capture all these settings.

I think the 'DPI settings' template will capture the icon size, just give it a try.

To add that template, start the VMware UEM management console.

Click 'Create Config File' choose 'Windows Commons setting' and select the 'DPI settings' template.

Let me know if this works.

Pim.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

VMware User Environment Manager provides a lot of build-in templates to capture all these settings.

I think the 'DPI settings' template will capture the icon size, just give it a try.

To add that template, start the VMware UEM management console.

Click 'Create Config File' choose 'Windows Commons setting' and select the 'DPI settings' template.

Let me know if this works.

Pim.

0 Kudos
Nyx99
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello jsinclair,

We made a new custom config file with the following settings:

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<Desktop>

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop

[IncludeIndividualRegistryValues]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Desktop

Hope this helps

Regards, Maarten

0 Kudos
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I cannot recommend to use these lines in a Config File:

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<Desktop>

If a user stores holiday pictures, or other large files on the desktop this will have a huge impact on the logon and logoff time, because UEM will copy these files to and from the desktop each time.

If you just want to capture user created shortcuts from the desktop, change it to this:

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<Desktop>\*.lnk

Pim.

0 Kudos
jsinclair
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks, the DPI setting worked.

Nyx99
Contributor
Contributor