VMware Horizon Community
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEM Config File Import / Export Failure

I've built a custom config file within UEM to export and import manually mapped network drives on linked clone desktops and checking the debug logs, the condition is met but when logging off and then back on, the previously mapped drives are not showing back up.  I've tried with and without the trailing "\" but with no luck.  Any other areas that I can check to troubleshoot?

Scenario:

Linked clone desktop pool

AppVol writable volume (UIA only)

Folder redirection

Local admin access

Thanks

config.png

12 Replies
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In response to my initial post, i want to clean up the problem description I'm having.  Basically, all the different custom config files that i have created in UEM Personalization (which is not really many) does not appear to be getting applied.  Not sure where the problem lies.  Conditions are being met and the syntax of the import / export sections appear to be correct.  Got a support ticket in with VMWare on this but they are dragging their feet.  Would appreciate any advice on how to address this issue.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Badfish,

Try dropping a blank text file called flexdebug.txt in your user's UEM profile folder, and you'll get much more logging generated.

Regards,

pastedImage_1.png

Horizon Client 5.4.3 Appvol Manager 2.18 Appvol Client 2.18.6 UEM 9.10
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Mellicott, i actually did that yesterday and did see some good info.  I see where the "flag file" for the config is seen and conditions are met as "true" but after making changes and logging off, i never see the reg files in the archive and therefore never see the changes applied back when i log back in.  I have a number of custom config files created an none are working, so its something on a more global level, i believe.

0 Kudos
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have any predefined settings that are fully enforced?

pastedImage_1.png

If so, anything in the Import / Export section is ignored.

0 Kudos
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not using any of those actually.  Looking at the previous debug files, i don't see any entries where its trying to write settings to the archive folder, almost seems like a permissions issue.  But i did use the OS optimization tool when building the golden image, so i wonder if something has been "turned off".

0 Kudos
mellicott
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I got this location saved in the standard Windows Explorer UEM settings, so I wonder if having them twice is tripping you up somehow?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
HartmutEhl
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The configs are located in subfolders,

is the policy set to process folders recursively?

0 Kudos
ijdemes
Expert
Expert

Hi BadfishGT​,

Try saving the keys below and test.

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Network

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Map Network Drive MRU

Please let me know if this works for you.

\\ Ivan
---
Twitter: @ivandemes
Blog: https://www.ivandemes.com
0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As none of the "custom config files [...] appear to be getting applied": does your logoff script run correctly? Does anything appear in the FlexEngine log file at logoff?

ijdemes
Expert
Expert

Good point. Missed that part :smileyblush:.

Wonder if C:\Program Files\Immidio\Flex Profiles\FlexEngine.exe -s in the Logoff part of the GPO is present.

\\ Ivan
---
Twitter: @ivandemes
Blog: https://www.ivandemes.com
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

UEMdev you hit the nail on the head.  It was a global issue and it WAS at the logoff script.  Here is what I had in the GPO...

c:\ProgramFiles\Immidio\Flex Profiles\FlexEngine.exe -s

See the issue ??

An insignificant little " " that got left out between the words "Program" and "Files".  Added the space and every single config file worked.  I think i need to stop drinking (or drink more...).  Thanks for the assistance all.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Glad to hear it works!

And, errm, cheers? 🙂

0 Kudos