VMware Horizon Community
Hocshop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

UEM 9.4 supportability with Windows 10?

Hi all,

I was reading through the install guide for UEM 9.4 and when I read the supportability of 9.4 with Windows 10, I only see listed build 1803.

Is this correct?

Only 1 build of Windows 10 is supported with UEM 9.4?

I would have thought that it would have been backwards compatible at least a couple of builds.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Mark

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Hocshop,

The mention of 1803 means that we have validated that UEM 9.4 performs correctly on Windows 10 Version 1803. It basically means that older UEM versions are not supported on Windows 10 Version 1803, rather than that older Windows 10 versions are not supported with UEM 9.4.

Having said that, we do not support all previous Windows 10 versions (although I don't have an official statement handy on that...) – which version or versions are you targeting?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Hocshop,

The mention of 1803 means that we have validated that UEM 9.4 performs correctly on Windows 10 Version 1803. It basically means that older UEM versions are not supported on Windows 10 Version 1803, rather than that older Windows 10 versions are not supported with UEM 9.4.

Having said that, we do not support all previous Windows 10 versions (although I don't have an official statement handy on that...) – which version or versions are you targeting?

0 Kudos
Hocshop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi UEMdev,

Thanks for the reply.

I was basically thinking about the last few builds before 1803 -> 1709 and 1703 (and possibly 1607).

What you said makes sense as it would be a bit strange and limiting to say that you could only use Windows 10 1803 if you had installed UEM 9.4.

I asked as I have been seeing a Windows 10 1803 bug (where the desktop cannot be found) that is 100% Microsoft related so I was considering deploying a previous build of Win 10 with UEM 9.4

I just wanted to understand what the document was trying to say.

Thanks again for the heads-up.

Regards

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Hocshop,

I was basically thinking about the last few builds before 1803 -> 1709 and 1703 (and possibly 1607).

Those versions should be fine. A tiny subset of the features won't work on 1607 (like the built-in Windows Common Setting to roam the start menu), but that's about it.

0 Kudos
Hocshop
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Excellent.

Thank you very much UEMdev.

Regards