VMware Horizon Community
BeGoofy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Triggered Tasks Reconnect vs Unlock

Aside from the name and that when the event is triggered... Is there really any real difference between the two events?

From all my testing with a message box triggered to fire on both in every situation that I can think of I always get both messages or no messages because I'm thinking as even when you reconnect you are still unlocking?

can anybody tell me a use case where you would use Unlock over Reconnect or vice versa please?

Bryan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You usually unlock on the same machine(after a lunch) and a reconnect, after you disconnect from machine A, on Machine B.

The difference between these triggered tasks are that, maybe you want to re-evaluate your conditions at reconnect, like check the IP address and refresh the printers if you reconnect at home or in a different building. Or remove shortcuts and close programs when you reconnect outside the office etc. etc.

Make sense ?

Ray

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You usually unlock on the same machine(after a lunch) and a reconnect, after you disconnect from machine A, on Machine B.

The difference between these triggered tasks are that, maybe you want to re-evaluate your conditions at reconnect, like check the IP address and refresh the printers if you reconnect at home or in a different building. Or remove shortcuts and close programs when you reconnect outside the office etc. etc.

Make sense ?

Ray

0 Kudos
BeGoofy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes it totally does

We use UEM 100% only in VDI... so I keep forgetting about real life... thank you for the response

Smiley Sad

Totally annoyed with myself

Bryan

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok, great !

But this is not only real life but also VDI...look at the condition End point name, IP and Platform. Especially designed to check the name, IP or platform from the device you are connecting from to your VDI. So ideal for physical and VDI 😉

Ray

0 Kudos