VMware Horizon Community
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Specific Folder Redirection paths

Is there a way to specify paths for the redirected folders? I'm trying to migrate away from GPO folder redirection because I've found with Windows 10 using UEM redirection instead can shave off a good 10 or 15 seconds of log on time, for some reason. But, Windows GPO folder redirection is different. It has pathing as such:

\\filesserver\username\My Documents\

\\filesserver\username\My Documents\My Music

\\filesserver\username\My Documents\My Pictures

\\filesserver\username\My Documents\My Videos

Whereas UEM wants to do this:

\\filesserver\username\Documents

\\filesserver\username\Pictures

\\filesserver\username\Music

\\filesserver\username\Videos

Is there a way to override that to maintain my current structure?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jordanht,

Sorry, that's currently not possible. It has come up before as a feature request, and I'll make note of the fact that you would also be interested 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jordanht,

Sorry, that's currently not possible. It has come up before as a feature request, and I'll make note of the fact that you would also be interested 🙂

0 Kudos
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes please! I would hate to have to run a script to copy and then delete the contents of the current folders - very risky workaround.

Thank you.

SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Our company also had the same idea to make the transition to UEM from GPO regarding Folder Redirection and also faced the same issue. We were one of the parties that requested the same thing Smiley Wink Hope to see this implemented in the (near) feature.

Btw I saw Pim van de Vis this weekend at Expert live. Forgot to ask him this question :smileysilly:

SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We would like to have this feature as well - so we can go away from the Folder Redirection Group Policy - we also had a case regarding this.

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Thanks, SchwarzC, I've made note of your interest. Would you mind sharing the case number (in this thread or privately)?

As for you, SummaCollege: my "feature request history" for this item starts with "your" thread, so don't worry 🙂

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Case Number: 17521697807

brimar5485
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I had the same issues when I try to migrate my test environnement from Persona to UEM.

All VDI pool are setup with Windows 7 French version with Native  french ISO, no language pack. So, all folder redirection is in native french naming. So, I don't have a choice to waiting for this new feature as well. We had open a Support Request # 18807565405 and a feature request too.

Can you note my interrest for this feature

P.S. I join a pdf file who is explain in détails my issues with the folder redirection

Thank you

Martin

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi brimar5485,

I was about to add your request to the list, but then I saw you were already on there 🙂 Support reached out to us last May when working on your support request. Thanks!

GrtDane
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi UEMdev,

I, too, would like to be added to the list of interested parties.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi GrtDane,

Thank you, your interest has been noted!

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jordanht, SchwarzC, brimar5485​, and GrtDane,

Just wanted to mention that the newly released User Environment Manager 9.6 supports more granular folder redirection configuration.

SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you for your efforts - the change from GPO Folder Redirection to UEM Folder Redirection will definitely go on my to-do-list.

BR

LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Does Horizon support Windows 1809 yet? We are currently using 1607 build of LTSB and was wondering if I could start working on getting 1809 LTSC image built?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi LukaszDziwisz,

I can't officially speak for Horizon, but their Supported versions of Windows 10 on Horizon Agent KB article lists Horizon agents 7.6 and 7.7 as supported on Windows 10 Version 1809 (or 1809 as supported on 7.6 and 7.7 – I don't know which way they want to look at it 🙂

0 Kudos
LukaszDziwisz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hello UEMdev,

Thank you for that information. IT looks like they have finally updated that Matrix. I would guess that since 1809 is supported then 1809 LTSC should be as well. Thank you