VMware Horizon Community
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Smart Policies Bandwidth with different bandwidths

the bandwidth profiles are given, can I create ones with different bandwidths myself?

7 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi 753713,

The bandwidth profiles are meant as just that: predefined collections of bandwidth-related settings for particular scenarios. There is no way to define your own.

Maybe you can configure bandwidth settings for PCoIP or Blast through Horizon ADMX templates?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the smart policies are super flexible, unlike admx, and can be used with triggered task

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

What takes precedence, the admx template or the horizon policies. I am currently using the admx template since I wanted to create my own, but if UEM applies a smart policy would it be used over the admx template?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi sjesse,

UEM does not control the precedence – that's up to the Horizon components that consume these settings. I don't know how PCoIP interprets settings in this regard, but for Blast, settings provided through ADMX take precedence over the bandwidth profile configured via UEM's Horizon Smart Policies.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi 753713,

the smart policies are super flexible, unlike admx, and can be used with triggered task

Which settings would you like to configure yourself? This might be something that we could add in the future (but no guarantees, as usual... 🙂

0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It would be nice if all PCoIP and Blast settings, in their own templates z.b. could import as xml files into smart policies.

A cool feature would be synonymous, when I log in, I get a SmartPolicy with 2 Mbit, but if I start an application that requires more bandwidth, a different bandwidth is defined via DirectFlex.

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thank you for this feedback, 753713! There's a feature request to expand UEM's Smart Policies to cover more settings, so I'll make sure to note down your interest for this.

0 Kudos