VMware Horizon Community
Donwurzel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Smart Policies Bandwidth Settings

Dear Community

Do we need to configure all Bandwidth Settings to cover up all WAN Speeds.

Here are our currently Settings:

One Rule with the Setting:

Broadband WAN (2MBS)- and the Condition - External

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

1.) The Question is, what would be if a external User logs in with more then 2 MB Speed? For my understanding, now all External Users become the same Settings, the Broadband WAN Smart Policy!

Can I make  Rules for all kinds of Connections like  Low-speed, Dedicated and so on a seperate Rule? Meaning that the Smart Policy handle the rule by the Bandwidht, Speed of Connection? Or how can I differ between the speed of the Users, that not all become the same speed?

pastedImage_3.png

2.) Is this Smart Policies Bandwidth setting enough that the Speed is optimized or do I have to create a own Pool with lower Settings?

We have the newest Release of UEM, Horzion, Agent and so on.

Thx for your help

Best Regards Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

The Question is, what would be if a external User logs in with more then 2 MB Speed? For my understanding, now all External Users become the same Settings, the Broadband WAN Smart Policy!

Can I make  Rules for all kinds of Connections like  Low-speed, Dedicated and so on a seperate Rule? Meaning that the Smart Policy handle the rule by the Bandwidht, Speed of Connection? Or how can I differ between the speed of the Users, that not all become the same speed?

I'm not completely sure I understand you correctly, but I get the impression that you think that the user's connection speed would affect whether certain settings are applied?

The Smart Policy settings bandwidth profile defines the bandwidth that is used by PCoIP or Blast. The conditions you put on such a setting (like broker URL and client location) determine whether that setting takes effect or not.

Does that help, or did I misunderstand your question?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

The Question is, what would be if a external User logs in with more then 2 MB Speed? For my understanding, now all External Users become the same Settings, the Broadband WAN Smart Policy!

I'm not completely sure I understand you correctly, but I get the impression that you think that the user's connection speed would affect whether certain settings are applied?

The Smart Policy settings bandwidth profile defines the bandwidth that is used by PCoIP or Blast. The conditions you put on such a setting (like broker URL and client location) determine whether that setting takes effect or not.

Does that help, or did I misunderstand your question?

0 Kudos
Donwurzel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Uemdev

Thx, for your answer. I hoped that their is a kind of auto negotiation, that defines the speed that is used by PCOIP and Blast.

So it is difficult to handle a lot of external user with different speeds like UMTS - HDSPA - LTE.....

Therefore i have to create Pools like UMTS-Pool with the optimal Speed Settings for UMTS. Or is their a other possibility to handle a lot of User with different speeds?

best regards michael

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

I hoped that their is a kind of auto negotiation, that defines the speed that is used by PCOIP and Blast.

There very well might be, but you'd be better off asking that in the VMware Horizon®​ forum.

0 Kudos