VMware Horizon Community
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Show UEM logon and logoff progress information with NoAD mode?

Good morning,

I'm looking to leverage the "Show VMware UEM logon and logoff progress information" GPO, without leveraging a GPO Smiley Happy I was hoping it to be an option I could add to the NoAD file, but I haven't found anything for it yet. I'm not extremely hopeful, since in the description of the GPO, it says "When this setting is enabled, a splash screen with a progress bar is shown when FlexEngine is called from a script."

You can configure Show VMware UEM logon and logoff progress information to show a splash screen with progress bar when FlexEngine runs.

Procedure

1. In the Group Policy Management Editor, double-click Show VMware UEM logon and logoff progress information.
  2. Select Enabled.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi MikeC3964,

The progress information can indeed only be shown when running FlexEngine from logon and logoff scripts. There is no way to show this information in NoAD mode.

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks UEMdev​! I hope it's something they can do in the future.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Pim_van_de_Vis

If you use Windows 8 or newer, the splash screens at logon and logoff never work. Also not with the Group Policy Extension.

Windows always shows it's own 'welcome' screen on top of any other splash screens.

0 Kudos
MikeC3964
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the feedback Pim_van_de_Vis​, I figured it would be a nice to have, but oh well Smiley Happy

Thanks!

0 Kudos