VMware Horizon Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Shortcuts using UEM Folder Redirection are causing permissions errors

I get a message like before for a use who created a shortcut on his windows 7 desktop, its the SQL developer icon

pastedImage_0.png

based on my experiance it has to do with folder redirection and windows not trusting the lnk files. This used to happen alot when I redirected the start menu, but I have since found a workaround for that. The shortcut now in the start menu works, but if anyone creates there own shortcuts if they get placed on another clone this happens. Also if I use GPO based folder redirection this does not happen, its only UEM based folder redirection. There is some sort of permissions setting I'm missing but I can't find it. I do have our fileserver in the intranet zone for IE, which is supposed to be the fix for this, but it doesn't seem to help. Any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi sjesse,

That's an interesting one... So, Windows 7, with the desktop redirected using UEM? Does it happen with all shortcuts?

Could you provide a ProcMon .PML log file?

0 Kudos
SchwarzC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi we had a similar issue,

Do have that set in the intranet zone?

Intranet Sites: Include all network paths (UNCs)Enabled
Allow file downloadsEnabled

BR

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks, SchwarzC​, I get similar behavior when I try to launch a UNC-based shortcut when the "Include all network paths (UNCs)" checkbox is not checked.

sjesse, what do the following Internet Properties look like in your setup? (inetcpl.cpl | Security | Local intranet | Sites)

pastedImage_0.png

I'd still be very interested to find out what the difference would be between a "GPO-redirected" desktop and one redirected by UEM, but let's get to that later.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I've tried that, currently it looks like

pastedImage_0.png

and in advanced I have

*.domain.name

fileserver.domain.name

file:\\fileserver.domain.anme

but it still doesn't seem to work. I never had this issue till I removed the GPO we created that does folder redirection through windows. I'll do some testing today and see if I can get some procmon . Before we used the gpo settings in User Configuration>Windows Settings>Folder Redirection and had these settings

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos