VMware Horizon Community
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Saving only cookies while using predefined settings for filefox

Hi

Cookies are stored in cookies.sqlite in the Firefox profile, and we are using predefined settings for setting up the users profile. The problem is they have a sight they have to logon every time because the cookies get overridden when the Firefox profile is pushed from UEM. Is there a way to do this, I tried using scripts, but  I think direct flex is overwriting the file I'm copying.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi sjesse,

How did you configure this exactly? What type of predefined settings are you using (default, enforced, etc)? Do you also manage the users' FireFox settings with Import/Export content?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Oh sorry, I'm using fully enforced settings, we don't want them to be able to change the homepage and other settings.We used the profiler if I remember right to create the firefox config with the predefined settings. The cookies file is in <AppData>\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile>\ and we are importing and exporting <Appdata>\Mozilla. I was going to copy this file in afterwords but I think I need to turn off DirectFlex for that method to work, and I'd like to not take login time hit. I don't even think editing the config file will work without it becoming overly complicated.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm not sure I quite understand. Would it be an option to switch to Partially Enforced Settings, and roam the actual cookies file for each user? You'd have to remove the cookies file from your predefined settings archive, of course.

0 Kudos