VMware Horizon Community
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

SMSS 18.10 Persistence

What's up all.   I just created a new 18.10 volume of SMSS.    I was running 2017 before.  Looks like MS has moved where they are storing user preferences from 2017 to 18.10.   Users preferences are disappearing upon new instant clone sessions.   Anyone been through this yet and might have a decent DEM config for SMSS 2018?   Microsft....ERRRR!

Thanks gang,

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Never Mind...I got it.   MS didn't make a change.  Instead, I realized that my entire SMSS ini file was failing to save any data back to the UEM share.   I simply removed the directflex option and it began to work again.    Hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello,

I am assuming you are referring SQL Management Studio, you were using the config: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Dynamic-Environment-Manager/SQL-Server-Management-Studio-zip/ta-p/...   ?

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello...

I am referencing SQL Management Studio but that config looks like it was designed for SQL 2012.    Mine was much more current but still isn't getting it done.

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Never Mind...I got it.   MS didn't make a change.  Instead, I realized that my entire SMSS ini file was failing to save any data back to the UEM share.   I simply removed the directflex option and it began to work again.    Hope this helps someone else.

0 Kudos