VMware Horizon Community
ElJefe61
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Running an Application at Startup and Reconnect.

I am trying to open a command line (cmd.exe /c /q) and then run an application that has an .exe.  I need it to run after the desktop is presented at startup and then any time the user reconnects after a disconnect.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi ElJefe61,

To run your application after the user has logged on, you can either have UEM create a shortcut in the Startup folder, or use File Explorer's Run key (and use UEM Registry Settings to configure that).

To run it at reconnect, you can configure a UEM Triggered Task, to launch your application as a custom command.

0 Kudos
ElJefe61
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks UEMDev,

I can't get a shortcut to save in the Startup folder in Windows 10.  Is there a trick?

0 Kudos
ijdemes
Expert
Expert

You can use the following.

[IncludeFolderTrees]

<StartupMenu>

This saves all items from %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

\\ Ivan
---
Twitter: @ivandemes
Blog: https://www.ivandemes.com
0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi ElJefe61,

No tricks necessary:

pastedImage_0.png

Well, Run asynchronously should not be checked, as that might result in the shortcut being created too late for File Explorer to pick up.

What exactly is happening in your setup? Is the shortcut actually created but seemingly not taking effect? Can you share the relevant bit of the FlexEngine log file?

0 Kudos
RachelW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello DEMdev​,

I am hoping you can help....I am drawing a blank on how to setup UEM to create a shortcut in the Startup Folder for an application like BGInfo.  Is that found under the Personalization tab, User Environment, etc?

Any direction you can provide would be great.

Thank you.

0 Kudos