VMware Horizon Community
ibeerens1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Run FlexEngine without GPO

In a environment with Windows 7 VDI desktops I want to use UEM. Adding extra GPOs is challenging in our environment. In the UEM admin guide I read that it is possible to run FlexEngine without using a GPO. 

Does anyone have a FlexEngine sample command line to use and what's the best place to put the FlexEngine command line?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

You have two options:

1. Run UEM from a command line (use a logon script, or any other mechanism that you have in place). The correct parameters are different for each environment, but are described in detail in Appendix A in the UEM Admin Guide: https://www.vmware.com/pdf/uem-870-admin-guide.pdf

use -r at logon and -s at logoff. Best practice is to use at least -r/-s (user profile path) -i (Config Share path), -b (Backup path) and -f (log filename)

2. Import the .ADMX templates for UEM into a local policy and use the local Group Policy editor to configure the policy. This is only recommended for test and Proof of Concept environment.

Pim.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pim999
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

You have two options:

1. Run UEM from a command line (use a logon script, or any other mechanism that you have in place). The correct parameters are different for each environment, but are described in detail in Appendix A in the UEM Admin Guide: https://www.vmware.com/pdf/uem-870-admin-guide.pdf

use -r at logon and -s at logoff. Best practice is to use at least -r/-s (user profile path) -i (Config Share path), -b (Backup path) and -f (log filename)

2. Import the .ADMX templates for UEM into a local policy and use the local Group Policy editor to configure the policy. This is only recommended for test and Proof of Concept environment.

Pim.

0 Kudos
ibeerens1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!

0 Kudos