VMware Horizon Community
chandlarp
Contributor
Contributor

Roaming Internet Explorer 11 User Add-on settings

I'm running instant clones with DEM 2006 and am using the IE Config file from the DEM install.

I have several IE add-ons that must be enabled and am doing so via Computer Group Policy.  

The Acrobat Reader add-on is configured so users can enable or disable it by choice.  It is enabled by default.  Some users prefer to use the Acrobat desktop app to open web PDFs.  When a user disables the add-on via IE internet options, it works as expected opening internet PDFs in the full Acrobat desktop app, until they logoff.  

When the user logs back in with a new session, the Acrobat add-on  is enabled again.  

Is this not a User setting that DEM can roam?

Thanks

Chandlar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chandlarp
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to figure it out with some digging and testing.

First I included the IE Personal Settings config file from Windows Common Settings but that did not capture the users plugin settings choice.

I had to add HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings to the list of included registry trees to capture the users choices for all plugins.

You can capture a specific plugin by specifying HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\<CLSID of the plugin> 

Tags (1)