VMware Horizon Community
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Random failure to import UEM profile

I'm seeing a couple of cases per day (out of about 500 users) where people log in and their UEM profile is not imported. The log files aren't even touched, which makes me think it could be an issue applying the GPO, but I can't understand how that would only happen to a couple of random people each day.

Horizon View Agent 6.2.3, linked clones

UEM 9.0

Windows 7 x64

Has anyone seen this behavior?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jordanht,

If you want to know for sure if the User Environment policy has been applied, just check the registry under:

HKCU\Software\Policies\Immidio\Flex Profiles\Arguments

If this key doesn't exist, you know the policy wasn't applied.

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I had a similar scenario, and it ended up being a "opportunistic Lock" storage issue with the cifs share. 

Here's a snippet from another post:

I had the Storage Team disable OpLocks on our Isilon SMB shares for UEM.  (Both User Profiles & Configuration)

So far, I really think it has helped!  It is quick and easy from the Isilon management console.  I'd share the commands...but I don't have them.

You can give them this from EMC Support:

For SMB related inquiries, please provide the following commands output:

isi smb shares view YourShareNameHere | grep –i oplock

isi_gconfig registry.Services.lwio.Parameters.Drivers.srv.smb2.EnableLeases

Side Note:

You can test with the following Client registry setting to disable Opportunistic Locks from a client PC.

Turn Off Client requests for OpLocks for SMB

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\mrxsmb\Parameters]

"OplocksDisabled"=dword:00000001

This is not what I’d like to use going forward, as it will turn off OpLocks for All SMB shares, not just the Isilon ones.

jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Interesting. I actually have my UEM share on a DFS replicated Windows file server so it's a bit different, but I wonder if it could be a similar scenario. Maybe DFS is grabbing those files for replication so UEM fails. I'll try turning off replication and see how that goes.

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi jordanht,

If you want to know for sure if the User Environment policy has been applied, just check the registry under:

HKCU\Software\Policies\Immidio\Flex Profiles\Arguments

If this key doesn't exist, you know the policy wasn't applied.

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you Raymond_W​,

That confirmed my original suspicion. Seems like in a few random cases my computer policies aren't being applied, which means my "loopback replace" doesn't kick in, so no UEM, among some other less noticeable things.

I'll have to figure out what is going on in those cases, but thank you for the assist.

0 Kudos