VMware Horizon Community
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

RSOP equivalent for UEM

When troubleshooting group policy issues we have several tools to do so, RSOP/GPResult etc..

Now we are using UEM to manage User policies (ADMX templates), we are wondering if there are tools available to troubleshoot policies in the same manner as using the previous mentioned tools?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi SummaCollege,

Not really in the RSoP or GPResult sense, but UEMResult can provide some insight into which UEM settings were or were not applied. There's also the Enable verbose logging for ADMX-based settings, etc. configuration setting, defined in the Advanced ADMX Template.

What issue(s) are you trying to troubleshoot?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi SummaCollege,

Not really in the RSoP or GPResult sense, but UEMResult can provide some insight into which UEM settings were or were not applied. There's also the Enable verbose logging for ADMX-based settings, etc. configuration setting, defined in the Advanced ADMX Template.

What issue(s) are you trying to troubleshoot?

SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi UEMdev,

Thx for the info!

I am trying to solve an issues with Skype inside our newly build VDI environment, not able to login and moaning about a "problem acquiring a personal certificate". While in the process of finding out where Skype is logging it's stuff the above questing popped up in my mind. So i thought, lets use the forum for this...

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

If your using mandatory profiles, check out this setting

Configure Certificate Support for Mandatory Profiles Setting

this will  fix the problem with skype if your using mandatory profiles.

SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thx sjesse​​!!!

You might just have saved my day/week as we are indeed using mandatory profiles. I will implement the necessary changes and report back here...

0 Kudos
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

A big thanks to sjesse​ as your tip indeed fixed the issue i had with Skype. Thank you!!