VMware Horizon Community
Piear
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Printers shows up late or not at all in the environment when settings are restore using UEM

Hello Fellow VMware Engineers,

Has anyone experienced printers showing up late or not at all when using UEM 9.1.0.175 in a W7 64 Bit environment ?

We are using HP Universal Print Drivers PCL 6 (v6.3.0) and App Volumes 2.12.1.103 without writable volumes.

Below is our .ini file for UEM

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Printers

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PrinterPorts

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Piear,

I don't know much about the possible App Volumes aspects of this, so let me first focus on UEM.

Are you mapping these printers with UEM? Can you provide a FlexEngine log file (at log level DEBUG) for the session, and also the async log file in case you're mapping printers asynchronously?

0 Kudos
Piear
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello UEMdev​,

First thank you so much for your response and time.

we are not mapping any drives via UEM  or utilizing these option: Choosing Printing Options for VMware Horizon 7.

We are allowing users to choose which printer they want to connect to and UEM should capture and restore the printers.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Piear,

No worries, when I'm not too busy building cool new stuff for UEM, I like to figure out what's going on with the existing stuff 🙂 (And, hopefully, improve it if turns out there's something wrong with it...)

Can you provide a FlexEngine log file (at log level DEBUG) for a session in which the printers show up late or not at all?

0 Kudos