VMware Horizon Community
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Path Statement

hi. How do i use UEM to add certain paths to the Windows PATH variable?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi iforbes,

In the Value field of an environment variable setting you can reference (other) environment variables:

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi iforbes,

In the Value field of an environment variable setting you can reference (other) environment variables:

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hmm. I had created the PATH variable like you outlined below - without the %PATH% at the end. I logged in and saw that UEM did infact create the Path under Environmental variables - user variables section. I logged out and logged back in and i no longer see that value under path any longer. I've logged out/in a few times and it's no longer there. Not sure what happened?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi iforbes,

As you only see it once, did you maybe set the Run once checkbox? Can you provide a FlexEngine log file (at log level DEBUG) covering a few subsequent sessions?

As for not including %PATH% in the Value field, that's not necessarily a problem, but in general you just want to add a folder to the path, instead of completely blowing away the existing path... This does not explain the behavior that you're seeing, but just wanted to point it out.

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Maybe it was an intermittent issue. It's working fine now.