VMware Horizon Community
Eric_Xing1
Contributor
Contributor

Override session disconnect time from View global setting

I had a ticket opened with VMware support and the support guy said we can achieve my request from DEM and here is my request:

We have a View global setting with 720 minutes to forcibly disconnect users. If we put never forcibly disconnect user, the maximum disconnect time is 1200 minutes. Is there a way to override the setting on specific pool or group of users and can we change it to never disconnect session or longer than 20 hours?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Eric_Xing1,

The only potentially relevant DEM setting I'm aware of, is the Idle time until disconnect Horizon Smart Computer Policies setting. Horizon agent used to limit that setting to a maximum of 10 hours, but that has been lifted in a recent version.

If you're looking to configure another setting (sorry, don't know much about Horizon details), you might be able to apply that using DEM's ADMX-based computer settings.

0 Kudos
chrisdhalstead
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yep, as mentioned there is a new GPO in Horizon 2012 for controlling session disconnect time.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 11.44.55 AM.png

Chris Halstead
Senior Staff Architect, EUC Technical Marketing
chalstead@vmware.com
Twitter: @chrisdhalstead
Eric_Xing1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @chrisdhalstead ,

Thanks for your reply.  I am not sure if this setting can resolve the issue. We are having some active session required longer connected time (more than 20 hours). The setting you mentioned is for extending the idle time. But in our case, even user actively using the session, when maximum time limit hit Horizon will disconnect the session regardless not even a warning.

0 Kudos