VMware Horizon Community
Anobix67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OneDrive (Next Gen Client) inconsistent at startup

Is anyone else having issues with their OneDrive client not always loading/staying loaded at startup? About half of the time it will load into the tray and be good to go, the other half it will have a line through it and just quit out (checking event viewer shows a KernelDLL error). I'm imagining something with startup and updating the application as well as the loading profile pieces from UEM, but I'm having trouble verifying if that's the case. I have updated the client to the latest non-beta version on the OS.

1809 LTSC

Horizon 7.9 Agent

UEM 9.8 (was present on 9.7 as well)

AppVol 2.18 Agent

2 Replies
kblank
Contributor
Contributor

I have experienced slow/hanging/inconsistent onedrive startup behaviour when the C:\Windows\SysWow64\onedrivesetup.exe was still referenced in the run key's wile the system wide installer was installed at the same time. The clients would launch and upgrade/downgrade each session making the user experience unpredictable.

Anobix67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply, I'll check that, I thought I had that fully removed from the default profile run keys, but will do additional searches in the registry and remove the traces in case it is causing other issues.

0 Kudos