VMware Horizon Community
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OneDrive Files on demand - Removing shortcuts for all users

Windows 10 1803

Vmware Horizon View 7.5

UEM 9.4.0.820

While I understand benefits for OneDrive Files on Demand, I would like to remove this shortcut for all users. I understand that OneDrive auto-installs and updates for all users, so I cannot uninstall OneDrive from Windows completely. I have already disabled it via GPO, but I would like to disable the Start Menu item via UEM. If I do the following import/export, it's redundant as OneDrive will check/update/install each time:

[ExcludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive

[ExcludeFolderTrees]

<LocalAppData>\Microsoft\OneDrive

When I do the below profile cleanup, it just restores it on the next logon

[DeleteFolderTrees]

<LocalAppData>\Microsoft\OneDrive

[DeleteFiles]

<UserProfile>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\OneDrive.lnk

<StartMenu>\Programs\OneDrive.lnk

I'm stumped, anyone have success with hiding this shortcut?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi ap_idb,

Maybe OneDrive recreates those shortcuts at every logon? In that case, you would need to create a script that removes them. You could use UEM to put a shortcut to that script into the Startup folder, so that it runs when Explorer starts.

0 Kudos
EricNichols
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You can prevent OneDrive setting up for each user by modifying the default profile run key which contains OneDrive.exe

Run and RunOnce Registry Keys | Microsoft Docs  . You'll need to mount the default user profile ntuser.dat  Tip 49: How Do You Set Default User Profile Registry Settings – Chad's Eclectic Tips and Tricks

0 Kudos