VMware Horizon Community
Natestack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Office Protected View

Hi All,

Deploying office via App volumes question can you turn off protected view in Word, Excel etc ??

Has anyone done this in UEM ?

Attached what I want turned off

Enable/Disable Protected View in Office 2016 Word/Excel/PowerPoint

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Natestack,

These settings seem to be saved under the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\version\application\Security\ProtectedView registry key (where version is 14.0, 16.0, etc, and application is Word, Excel, etc.)

Note that I only did I quick registry check. Testing whether this actually works is left as an exercise to the reader 🙂

If it does indeed work, you could apply this configuration with UEM as a predefined setting in Personalization, or via Registry Settings on the User Environment tab.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
QCBenPetersen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This would be interesting to hear the answer.  I had to have the Employee go in and disable it.  The settings held, but I would be very interested in this solution.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Natestack,

These settings seem to be saved under the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\version\application\Security\ProtectedView registry key (where version is 14.0, 16.0, etc, and application is Word, Excel, etc.)

Note that I only did I quick registry check. Testing whether this actually works is left as an exercise to the reader 🙂

If it does indeed work, you could apply this configuration with UEM as a predefined setting in Personalization, or via Registry Settings on the User Environment tab.

Natestack
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi UEMdev,

So found this issue and we currently getting around this using the

User Environment

Registry settings

Repeat the line with Excel, Word, Outlook etc

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Excel\Security\ProtectedView]

"DisableInternetFilesInPV"=dword:00000001

"DisableAttachmentsInPV"=dword:00000001