VMware Horizon Community
VDIMega
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Office Pro Plu 2013 app profiles not being imported/exported with UEM 9.0

So I managed to get Outlook 2013 working via directflex (wasn't working with simple mode).  Lync, Word, Excel, PowerPoint 2013 import/export won't work in simple or directflex mode.

FYI, both Outlook 2013 and the rest of the office apps are 64-bit and being delivered from the same appstack (app volumes 2.10).

Anyone experienced this before?

I'm using the Lync_20121026 profile from the UEM documents section of this forum.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Can you check the condition tab, is there a condition ?

Ray

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself
0 Kudos
VDIMega
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I removed all conditions just to be certain that it always ran.  It still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you check the following,

when you go to the directflex tab, remove everything before winword.exe (normally it says C:\Program Files etc.)

Be sure to refresh the directflex cache

Ray

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself
0 Kudos
VDIMega
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, I figured out the problem.  I had enabled directflex because the logoff/logon processing wasn’t working.

I just figured out that the logoff/logon process wasn’t working because there was a typo in the logoff script.  It looked correct, but the dash right before the “s” in the logoff script (the one for the store attribute) had been copied from a webpage with a different encoding that Windows could not understand.  So the command wasn’t getting processed.  Once I typed it out by hand, everything started working.

Without directflex now, everything works.

0 Kudos