VMware Horizon Community
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Office 365 not working with UEM 9.3

Hello

In a master image customer installed office 365 , every time they launches virtual desktops(Instant clone) with App volume writable (UIA Only) outlook gives " Welcome to outlook and customer has to reconfigure the outlook again.

In the writable volume ost file is not appending, its creating separately, I can see OST(1), OST(2) etc.. How do I resolve this issues?? any thoughts

Horizon View  7.4

UEM 9. 3

App volume 2.13.2

0 Kudos
16 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi balagbm2017,

What UEM configuration settings have you created so far? Can you share a UEM log file (FlexEngine.log), at log level DEBUG, covering a full session from logon to logoff?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi balagbm2017,

The log file you sent me privately contains the message [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16' = false. This results in all the config files related to Office 2016 to be skipped (as can be seen in the log entries that follow that message), which is why your Office settings are not roaming.

Is Office installed in a different location? Maybe the x64 version of Office is installed?

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have also doubt on this specific files and locations , however I have checked the master image and virtual desktops I can see the same location is existing. The office 365 pro plus automatically install without asking the specific drive to install.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is Office 365 maybe coming from an App Volumes AppStack?

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We didn't have office 365 on Appstack

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you run

"C:\Program Files\Immidio\Flex Profiles\FlexEngine.exe" -r

and check the FlexEngine log file to see if that check for path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16' still fails?

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where we have to run this ? on the virtual desktops? or from UEM file share??

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

On a virtual desktop, after logging in.

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I get the same log file only I can't see any different. Can you help me how do I install office 356 pro plus on the master image?? is there any document /instruction available? If any registry folder /trees to be included in the UEM console ?? Kindly advise

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi balagbm2017,

If you get the same results in the log file if you run that command after logging on, it means that Office is not installed in that folder.

Where are Outlook.exe, Winword.exe, Excel.exe, etc on your system? Maybe in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16 folder? In that case, you can change the condition set:

pastedImage_2.png

Go to the Condition Sets tab, edit the Microsoft Office 2016 condition set, and edit the condition to check the %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16 folder instead.

balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Even if I make the changes as per your suggestion, office 365 is asking end users email id every time they launch the virtual desktop, UEM is not making user as persistent, In the app volumes writable OST folder OST file is creating separately every time.

I have following this link https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-7-microso...  to install office 365 in the master image however still facing issues making users persistent office 365..

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi balagbm2017,

Can you provide a new UEM log file so we can take a look what's going on? Thanks!

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please find the attached flexengine log file for further troubleshooting. Still issues is not resolved.

FlexEngine(1).log - Box

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi balagbm2017,

The Microsoft Office 2016 condition set now result in a match:

2018-03-19 12:01:39.467 [DEBUG] Conditions: Evaluating condition set 'Microsoft Office 2016.xml'

2018-03-19 12:01:39.474 [DEBUG] Conditions: Check for path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16' = true

However, your log file shows no UEM export at logoff (which is when settings are saved), just imports at logon. Did you Configure FlexEngine to Run From a Logoff Script?

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have configured FlexEngine to Run from Logoff & Logon Script as per the document link provided in the local group policy editor. This time Office 2016 works. However when I attach the App volumes(UIA only)office 2016 is not working and its giving me below error.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi balagbm2017,

Glad to hear that configuring the logoff script made Office 2016 work. (BTW, you don't need to configure a logon script – you're already running UEM at logon as a Group Policy client-side extension. The logon script won't do any harm, but you don't need it.)

Can you post the error message that you're getting with App Volumes? It was missing from your previous post.

0 Kudos