VMware Horizon Community
sillej
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Odd UEM Behavior with Persisting Outlook 2016 Notifications

UEM 9.3

Horizons 7.4

Windows 10 1709

I have this issue where people there are a few people get the popup notifications and it persists across VDI sessions. All other users do not. When I check Settings>Systems>Notifications & Actions,

all users have Get Notifications from Apps and Other Senders Enabled. If I scroll down to Outlook 2016 and open it up, Show notifications in Action Center is Off, but if I turn it on then the notifications work. Now what is weird is that I work with this setting off. If I toggle this setting to On then the user will get the popup messages until they completely logout of their session and therefore the persist is lost.

Here is my default apps and fta's

[IncludeRegistryTrees] 

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts 

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations

How can I persist this particular Outlook popup?

I have tried the following under default apps and fta's-

[IncludeRegistryTrees]
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ApplicationAssociationToasts

[IncludeIndividualRegistryValues]
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserSignedIn

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Dempseyy93
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

bump...

Same issue here, however, it seems like we're capturing the required reg key for our users to make it persistent, but can't confirm which one it is just yet.

The setting is off by default currently, hence our chase for the answer as well.

Our Default Apps and FTAs consists of the same, exception of what's highlighted green:

[IncludeRegistryTrees]

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations

HKCU\Software\Classes

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ApplicationAssociationToasts

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore

[IncludeFiles]

<LocalAppData>\Microsoft\Windows\UserFTA.config

[IncludeIndividualRegistryValues]
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\UserSignedIn

UPDATE:

Toast notifications work if the user has opened Windows 10 Settings > Notifications & Actions either before OR after Outlook has been opened.

So it's clear something is triggering via the Registry, but can't be sure what yet...

Group Policy seems to be the better alternative to fixing this issue but haven't been able to confirm yet.

0 Kudos