VMware Horizon Community
system32AUT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No Splash Screen at Logoff under Windows 10 - anyone else ?

Under Windows 7 SP1 x64 with UEM 9.1 no Problem, with Win1703 and/or 1709 with UEM 9.2 and 9.3 ==> no splash screen Smiley Happy

seetings are activated:

pastedImage_0.png

We have a splash screen an Login (GPO triggered without FlexEngine -r) and we dont have a slash screen at logoff (Script Triggered wit FlexEngine -s)

Thanks,

Dominik

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Dominik, hi Ivan,

I'm not too sure, to be honest. Nothing changed on UEM's side, but I think Windows 8 or 10 changed how/when exactly the logoff script runs...

Does Administrative Templates\System\Scripts|Display instructions in logoff scripts as they run maybe help for this? You might see an additional command prompt window, but maybe that also results in our splash screen actually being visible?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ijdemes
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Dominik,

I experience the same using UEM 9.2.1 and Windows Server 2016. Although it does work on Windows 7.

I also actived the policy setting you mentioned and run flexengine.exe from either script or GPO directly.

UEMdev​, do you know of such behavior or is there another explanation that you can think of?

\\ Ivan
---
Twitter: @ivandemes
Blog: https://www.ivandemes.com
0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Dominik, hi Ivan,

I'm not too sure, to be honest. Nothing changed on UEM's side, but I think Windows 8 or 10 changed how/when exactly the logoff script runs...

Does Administrative Templates\System\Scripts|Display instructions in logoff scripts as they run maybe help for this? You might see an additional command prompt window, but maybe that also results in our splash screen actually being visible?

ijdemes
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks! I will give it a try and come back on that.

\\ Ivan
---
Twitter: @ivandemes
Blog: https://www.ivandemes.com
0 Kudos
system32AUT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great idea UEMdev​ - works now Smiley Happy But now we see ALL logoff scripts lol - not good.

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hey, you asked for a way to see the UEM splash screen, right? 🙂

But, yeah, I can imagine that you're now seeing a bit too much. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about that, though.