VMware Horizon Community
SummaCollege
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

New name for UEM? Dynamic Environment Manager?

Am i correct in implying that UEM had been renamed to Dynamic Environment Manager? If correct, are there more changes related to this?

13 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi SummaCollege,

Sssshhh! Don't tell anyone!

Smiley Happy

Looks like the forum was prematurely updated... The acronym clash with Unified Endpoint Management became a bit too confusing, so... Anyway, more news when the next release comes out.

cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Now what am I supposed to do with my production shares. That is why I dislike using products name in anything I do Smiley Happy

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I feel your pain, cbaptiste​​...

UEMdev Smiley Happy

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Now the product can expand past the user profile now Smiley Happy

VDINinja311
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sjesse

Sounds like you are correct. They announced at some EUC sessions this year at VMworld that they will be expanding past the user profile.

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I'll have to look for that one, I wasn't able to attend this year. I've been looking at puppet or ansible to fill in the gaps that UEM and appvolumes can't do without some crazy workarounds.GPOs are just too slow to be of really any use.

0 Kudos
cbaptiste
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I most certainly hope so. Great tool with great potentials but so many limitations

JohnTwilley
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I kinda like the name DynamicDev... 

UEMdev

It is available !    Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

As far as I know its just a name change to prevent confusion with workspace one uem Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) | Workspace ONE | VMware

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've asked the forum admins to rename my account, JohnTwilley Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

sjesse is right: for the upcoming release it's mainly a name change.

But now that the "User" part of the product name is no more, I've lost some ammo to push back against "non-user" feature requests, so who knows what the future will bring... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I didn't get the joke Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
ap_idb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Congrats on the rename Smiley Happy