VMware Horizon Community
JShearer
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple DEM 'Profiles'

We are beginning to develop a Horizon infrastructure.  We see use cases where a given user could be using an Instant Clone, an RDSH session or even a published application.  My question is what the best way is to handle the DEM profiles. 

I could allow each connection method to use the same profile, but that seems cumbersome (if they use a published app, they would get a lot of profile data they don't need - like Chrome!).

I could create share structures for each connection method:  The DEM Config share AND the Profiles share (cumbersome for me)

Could I use nested profiles in the existing shares?

Am I just barking up the wrong tree?

BTW:  My Instant Clone test bed w/ DEM is working GREAT!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pim_van_de_Vis

The easiest way: use a single DEM profile for all session, and enable DirectFlex for all apps.

The DEM profile is compatible with different Windows versions by default (server 2016, Win10, etc.) and bitness (x86 and x64)

When you enable DirectFlex for Chrome and all other apps, the settings for those apps will only be loaded at application launch. This will make sure a user launching a published app will only load the necessary and small DEM profile portion.

0 Kudos