VMware Horizon Community
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

Migration/Move of UEMShare

It seems that UEM is not honoring the new share I specified in the setting folder..   I created a new share, copied all the items from the original share onto the new one, and finally update the location of the share in UEM.  It seems that all the desktops are still writing to the old share regardless of what is listed here.

pastedImage_0.png

Is there something I'm missing?

6 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi LarryBlanco2,

In addition to changing the location in the Management Console, you will also need to update the Central location of Flex config files policy setting in your UEM GPO.

LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

Thanks,

I had done that as well.   I'm wondering if the desktops are not processing the GPO. It has seemed to have happen to me before.. Using Instant Clones I need to do a GPUpdate /force on the gold image to make sure the GPO's apply at startup for any of the desktop pools.  

I just verified that it's still using the old paths for everything concerning config files for UEM but it's honoring the new paths I setup for desktop redirection.  So AppData, desktop, documents, etc. are being redirected to the new path.

I'm using Windows 7 at the moment for our desktops.

Larry

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

I'm thinking that the desktops are using the cached user configuration GPO and not refreshing in time to apply the updated GPO since they are instant clones.  So when UEM reads it's settings it's still the old one from the gold. 

does that sound plausible?

LB

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If your UEM GPO is applied to computer objects with loopback processing, that would be possible, yes. I don't know much about instant clones, but I've heard that the computer policy is basically "baked into" them, so you would need to update your base image.

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

The UEM settings are all applied under the user configuration.   The only thing that is in the computer configuration is the log off setting calling the "-S" switch.

I'll update the gold and see what occurs.. I'm pretty sure that it'll take after that though.

LB

0 Kudos
LarryBlanco2
Expert
Expert

This actually turned out to be an AD/GPO replication issue.   SYSVOL was not replicating correctly due to some corruption. Therefore all new USER Config settings, including the UEM settings, were not being replicated to other domain controllers and therefore not updating the clients accordingly.

Thanks,

Larry