VMware Horizon Community
mbrundage
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Migrating Off Roaming Appdata Folder Redirection

Hi there, we currently have most of our users setup with roaming appdata in DEM under the folder redirection section. I have noticed a handful of issues with having this in place as things roam in from there in addition to DEM bringing in conflicting files so I have decided to remove this gradually. I created a new folder re-direction without roaming appdata and added conditions on both to ensure those that are part of one groups' AD group doesn't get the re-direction for the other, but it still continues to roam appdata via folder re-direction. Is there a way to accomplish this without removing the roaming appdata from all users at the same time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mbrundage,

Does the log file show that DEM still redirects AppData for a user for which this shouldn't happen?

What does the AppData value in key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders look like in that case? Is it C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming, or does it point to the (old) network location? If the latter: Are you by any chance exporting the Shell Folders key with DEM?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @mbrundage,

Does the log file show that DEM still redirects AppData for a user for which this shouldn't happen?

What does the AppData value in key HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders look like in that case? Is it C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming, or does it point to the (old) network location? If the latter: Are you by any chance exporting the Shell Folders key with DEM?

0 Kudos
mbrundage
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I figured it out thanks to the debug log. I had a condition statement that was missing a not operator.