VMware Horizon Community
InfraZRT
Contributor
Contributor

Logon can take a long time DEM 9.11

We have a Windows 10 1909 with DEM 9.11

There are problems that some users have really long logon times, when i check the log i mostly see skipping conditions but some of them take more then 2 seconds to skip in these logs.

I also searched for this problem and we have tried to use the netstop fix inside our master but this doesn't help.

I hope someone here can help me.

Bas van Beurden

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Bas,

Can you share a log file at log level DEBUG for such a slow logon?

0 Kudos
InfraZRT
Contributor
Contributor

Here are two logfiles one is where the logon takes a normal time the other is a example for bad logon

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Bas,

Thank you for the logs. Looking at the actions in the "fout" log that took more than 1.5s, we see that importing "Applications\EDGE-CHROMIUM\Edge Chromium.zip" takes about 12s, and "Windows Settings\App-5 Roaming.zip" about 4.5s. Those two imports take about the same time in the "goed" log.

However, the "fout" log also shows some huge delays (of 54s, 70s, 70s, 70s, 35s, 70s, and 35s – adding up to the difference between the overall logon times for the "goed" and "fout" logs.) These delays occur while reading various config files (prior to evaluating conditions defined in those), which is a strong indicator for the SMB oplock issue described in https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78014.

I'd recommend double-checking the workaround you implemented for that issue. 

0 Kudos
InfraZRT
Contributor
Contributor

We looked into the KB and we saw that smboplock is not supported on DEM.

So for now we have disabled it on the shares and hope it will work without the major delays.

0 Kudos