VMware Horizon Community
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

KB shortcuts assigned to shortcuts/apps not retaining after reboot .

So..a user wants to create a shortcut to a calc desktop shortcut.. ie.. lets say.. control alt C..

It works for the session.... but goes away in a reboot.

Any thoughts if / where the UEM side i need to capture to retain this for users ?

we are using App Stacks / UEM / writables with just UIA - win 10 1607 LTSB.

thanks much .

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Douglas42Adams,

The shortcut key is stored within the .lnk file, so are you capturing that (either in the writable or via UEM) so that it "survives" reboots? Or is the .lnk maybe recreated every time, overwriting the user's preferred shortcut key?

0 Kudos
Douglas42Adams
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi - thanks for the reply.

Just to walk through what im doing.

UEM places the Calc shortcut on the users desktop.

I right click - goto properties - type in a shortcut key of lets say - Control Alt - A

For the session those keys bring up the Calculator and it works great.

Reboot ( instant clones ) - then the key binding stops working.  However its Still in the properties of the shortcut.. and lists Control Alt - A as the key command to open it.

I also created a txt file on the desktop.. then a shortcut to said file.  Then created a control alt V shortcut to open it.  It as well worked for the session that i created it.. then failed after a reboot.

As far as capturing the LNK file... i presume you mean the actual shortcut..correct ?.. That's on the users desktop.. which is redirected via Uem to a network share via folder redirection.

After a reboot.. the LNK's are still there.. and still have the user inputted shortcut key showing in properties. Its just that the shortcut key no longer opens the app .

thanks .

0 Kudos