VMware Horizon Community
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Issues with UEM File and Folders creation in User Environment

Hi,

I'm having great difficulty with this feature in UEM 8.7.0.74.  I am trying to create a folder structure in c:\users\appdata\local to address an issue I have with Adobe Acrobat Reader.  I've tried creating the full path to the folder as well as with a dummy file in the folder but it doesn't work.  The flex log states "UEM setting configured to run only once, but flag file....xml not found". I've checked the path where it says it can't find the xml file and there's a file there.  0KB in size.  I've tried both with the before import and after import setting and it's made no difference.  I also simplified it by just trying to create a c:\temp folder but I get the same result.

There's absolutely nothing in the admin guide, and I've not found much at all about this topic in web searches.

Disappointed with the lack of good documentation/practical guides/videos/anything around this product.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Could it be that you are trying to create a folder in c:\users\appdata\local and in UEM you've configured Appdata instead of localappdata ?

The message in the logfile is a debug message and is no error btw.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

Kind regards, Raymond Twitter: @raymond_himself

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot and a logfile in debug mode of what you are trying to do ?

Also, creating folders like C:\Temp will not work as User Environment Manager only works in the profile of the users

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos
PublicTransport
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is it the problem with the temp-files which prevent removing the user profile?

http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/2011/11/08/acrobatreader-tmp-files-left-behind-in-temp-folder-after-...

If so, I can tell you how we solved it with UEM.

0 Kudos
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've attached as requested.  I'm wanting to create the folder structure in the appdata folder as per the screen shot.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Could it be that you are trying to create a folder in c:\users\appdata\local and in UEM you've configured Appdata instead of localappdata ?

The message in the logfile is a debug message and is no error btw.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I've tried that but the folders are not created.  I was able to create the folders on the desktop so it can work.  Just not working when I add folders to localappdata.

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you attach the files, associated with this problem, which you will find in general/FlexRepository/settings/file ?

I tried to reproduce your problem but for me it works...

Ray

0 Kudos
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Actually I tried again with putting a text file in my target folder and it works!  I thought it would work with just folders as well.  Not a lot of doco on this stuff and a pretty clunky GUI if you ask me.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Raymond_W
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

good to see you have it working !

Strange thing is that it is working for me with folders only...

Kind regards,

Raymond