I'm surprised no one else has experienced this.. but if you have UEM 9 with App Volumes 2.10 any stacked application that connects to an external system like vsphere client, remote desktop manager, xming or similar opens but you get what looks like a firewall, dns on winsock error. I tried the following while troubleshooting which lead me to discover the UEM 9 > AppVolumes 2.10 issue. Keep in mind that prior to upgrading to UEM 9 all the issues described were non existent.
I don't have app blocking (its disabled by default) and I dont think there any other setting in UEM that's intended to have this effect. Also I looked around and didn't find any compatibility issues between UEM 9 and App Volumes 2.10 on any doc.
I'm going to downgrade UEM agent on the endpoints to 8.7 and test
I'm not aware of any conflicts between AV2.10 and UEM9.0, so I'm interested to hear if the downgrade to UEM 8.7 solved this issue.
Can you give me an update?
FWIW... I have App Volumes 2.10 and UEM 9.0 and am not experiencing this problem. I have an AppStack with Remote Desktop Connection Manager, Royal TS, Putty, vSphere client. They all work as expected. Odd that you are having that experience. I hope you get it figured out.
After downgrading the agent to 8.7 appstacks works as expected. I can actually reproduce the issue, but I testing the order of installation of core agents as a possible cause since it seems that I'm the only one experiencing this.
Will update / close this thread once I find the solution.
At this point it looks more than bug than a configuration issue after all the test I have done. Is someone else using the following
Horizon view agent 6.2.1
App Volumes 2.10
Windows 76 64 SP1
Any app stack with application that connects to another system such as:
I can consistently reproduce an condition in which the app stack can't connect or use the tcp stack, if I simple uninstall UEM 9.0 and or uninstall 9.0 in favor of 8.7 everything works. This occurs on my existing parent/provision desktops and on brand new parent/provision built just to troubleshoot this issue.
Keep in mind that I'm always following the install order below