VMware Horizon Community
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Issue with Outlook and visio configuration pop-up on each launch of application

Hi,

I am facing one issue with Outlook and Visio configuration pop-up, each time I launch the application.

I checked version's of office and outlook/visio which are on same version

I has office/outlook in on app stack and visio on other app stack

using app volumes 2.11 and UEM 9.1 , please help me out with this issue, I am working on it from past two weeks... I tried all most all workaround in our VMware technology network  

32 Replies
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Deep,

Based on my experience, I world recommend you to rebuild Visio app stack

Base office on parent image.

If user need project and visio, create both in one app stack

if user requested for only visio, create a app stack with only vision   

if user requested for only project, create a app stack with only project

Regards,

Vkmr.

deep84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey,

So I have rebuilt the appstack several times trying multiple different things.

1. Creating a provisioning machine with the Parent Image;

2. Removing all agents from the Parent Image;

3. Setting the KMS server during provisioning and activating Visio by running cscript ospp.vbs /sethst, cscript ospp.vbs /act and ossprearm.

4. I have also attempted to launch Visio during provisioning to capture the configuration even though its not recommended;

5.Tried adding the activation commands a part of the AppVolume batch scripts shellstart.bat and allvolattached.bat;

6. Added registry through UEM reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Visio\Options /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Still no luck!

Anything new to try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Deep,

You tried all the ways but please try below steps and see if it resolves your problem

1) please check the base office and visio version/build are matching are not

2) please apply patches for base office and visio

3) please check the short-cut of visio is pointing to correct .exe in "start-in", refer below screenshot

pastedImage_0.png  

4) if still you are facing  with same issue, please open case with support

Thank you,

Vkmr.

deep84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think it’s time to submit a SR!

All the Office and Visio updates are in the base image instead of the appstack would that cause an issue ?

Question! During provisioning should the Appstack capture the Tolens.dat file located under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\?

The reason I ask is because our temp workaround is importing the tokens.dat file with Visio activation on login for users that have Visio appstack assigned with UEM.

Let me know!

thanks again

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I think it’s time to submit a SR!

Thanks for opening case

All the Office and Visio updates are in the base image instead of the appstack would that cause an issue ?

On this point, support will ask you to apply updates of visio with in appstack, please give a try [but generally updates on parent image is ok] 

Question! During provisioning should the Appstack capture the Tolens.dat file located under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\?

Yes, appstack will capture that location

The reason I ask is because our temp workaround is importing the tokens.dat file with Visio activation on login for users that have Visio appstack assigned with UEM.

One good thing is you found workaround which was great!

deep84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Seem to be getting closer! So I should be looking into why the token is not bring captured and applying. Any suggestions on what I should be looking for here or how I can force a capture if the token?

Thanks again!!!

0 Kudos
deep84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Oops maybe I missed something Office 2013 pro and Visio and Project 2013 are standard. Would this be the issue ?

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Deep,

while you are capturing app stack you can manually place the files under that location and complete your provision

Regards,

Vkmr.

Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I think it will not be a issue but try using office std with combination of Visio and project std, worth giving a try Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
deep84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Tried that still doesn’t work, I can see under snapvolumetemp and the appstack that there are folders officetoken initial,before etc and one of the folders has the correct token but it doesn’t get set in the folder location under programdata any clue why?

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi deep84,

Given that this seems to be purely about App Volumes now, the App Volumes forum might be a better place for this thread 🙂

0 Kudos
deep84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Makes sense but I seem to be getting responses here Smiley Happy

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sure, just saying that you might get more responses over there 🙂

0 Kudos