VMware Horizon Community
ChadBarber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Issue with EUM and Adobe Pro Office Plugin Security settings and Persistence

Using App Volumes to push Adobe Pro XI to user in Instant Clone Windows 10 environment.   User needs to open Word (2013) and clicks the Acrobat Tab, Preferences, Security and then Enters Permissions with Password and allows changes to be made.  Below is the screenshot....I have tried the Flex Config file for Acrobat Pro 11 and even tried the app profiler.  Still these settings will not persist.   Anyone know where the registry for this is stored?  Is it in Word or Acrobat?  I'm at wits end.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Chad E. Barber Information Technology Generalist II Office of Information Technology and Support Services Department of the Auditor General
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChadBarber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ended up being a couple of issues.

First, we had multiple INI files for Adobe Acrobat.  We used Application Profiler to create an INI for Adobe Acrobat Pro 11.  We also disabled Adobe Acrobat INI files with overlapping persistence settings.  Finally, we disabled DirectFlex, as Acrobat.exe was not launching when using the plug-in for MS Word. 

Thanks for your help.

Chad E. Barber Information Technology Generalist II Office of Information Technology and Support Services Department of the Auditor General

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pim_van_de_Vis
Jump to solution

I don't have Acrobat Pro to test, but this seems like you are adding a password to encrypt the file.

Isn't this information stored in the Word/PDF file? How would you otherwise be able to share this file and still allow the users to enter the password?

0 Kudos
ChadBarber
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ended up being a couple of issues.

First, we had multiple INI files for Adobe Acrobat.  We used Application Profiler to create an INI for Adobe Acrobat Pro 11.  We also disabled Adobe Acrobat INI files with overlapping persistence settings.  Finally, we disabled DirectFlex, as Acrobat.exe was not launching when using the plug-in for MS Word. 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos