Moshikot3
Contributor
Contributor

Issue with DEM Elevated tasks

Jump to solution

Hello,

Recently I started using Elevated task with VMware DEM.

The task is running successfully for some users, but for some users I get the following error message in log files.

"[ERROR] Elevated task 'XXXXXX" does not exist."

What am I missing here?

Appreciate any help from you guys.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moshikot3
Contributor
Contributor

Good news,

We managed to sort it out, We accidently forgot to remove a test user from the global configuration in Privilege Elevation.

Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Moshikot3,

For users for which that error appears in FlexEngine-ElevatedTasks.log, does the "normal" FlexEngine.log contain lines like [INFO ] Collected elevated task settings ('XXXXXX.xml') for the same session?

Are you launching elevated tasks using the built-in support in DEM logon tasks, or do you use FlexEngine.exe -LaunchTask taskName?

Does it always work for a certain set of users and always fail for the other users, or does that vary?

Moshikot3
Contributor
Contributor

Users with the Error I mentioned does not have the line "[INFO ] Collected elevated task settings ('XXXXXX.xml')"

I lunched the elevated task with built-in support, and I also tried FlexEngine.exe -LaunchTask taskName several times.

Same error appear for both of them.

There is no condition for the elevated task.

There is a condition with a username for the Logon Task.

Moshikot3_0-1623326872960.png

Moshikot3_1-1623326872965.png

0 Kudos
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Moshikot3,

Could you share a FlexEngine log at log level DEBUG, covering the full path-based import (i.e. DEM's activities at logon) for both a "working" and a "non-working" user?

Feel free to send the logs via private message.

0 Kudos
Moshikot3
Contributor
Contributor

Good news,

We managed to sort it out, We accidently forgot to remove a test user from the global configuration in Privilege Elevation.

Thanks for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Moshikot3,

Happy to hear you got it to work – thanks for reporting back.

I'll see if we can add some logic in the agent to log a warning instead of trying to launch an elevated task (and fail) in case privilege elevation is effectively disabled for the user. Thank you for bringing that scenario to our attention.

0 Kudos